Dusit Island Resort - 271 rooms (45 suites)
1129 Kraisorasit Road Vieng District, Amphur Muang, Chiang Rai.
Chiang Rai's luxury refugium is set on an island on the Mae Kok. It's the ideal base from which to explore the rivers, jungles and mountains of Thailand's far north. The staff are charming, the management always obliging, the rooms luxurious. And it has lively restaurants, a pub and a large swimming pool overlooking the river.
The hotel's decor and furnishings also reflect the diversity of northern Thai styles. For special functions, guests can enjoy traditional dining on the floor while leaning against multi-coloured triangular cushions. The Mae Kok River provides a spectacular natural backdrop visible from all the guest rooms, as well as from the rooftop restaurant, The Peak.
The Resort & Spa
Phowadol Resort and Spa
183 Moo 3 Rimkok Subdistrict , Chiangrai
Phowadol Resort and Spa is the newest and most modern boutique resort in Chiang Rai province, northern Thailand, located just 10 minutes from town and airport and yet still tranquil and peaceful. The resorts natural setting on 40 rai (1 Rai - 1600 sqm) and high level of comfort and services, makes Phowadol the first choice destination for travelers.
Teak Garden Spa Resort
The Teak Garden Resort situated on 8 verdant acres in scenic Northern Thailand surrounded by lush green rice paddies and tree covered mountain. Teak Garden Spa Resort is a world class resort and a tourist destination of its own.
In a garden setting, our guests can enjoy our Euro-Asia and Northern Thai Cuisine as well as our health food and beverages prepared with freshest ingredients. The main dinning hall and its a pleasant terrace can seat up to 120 guests.
PLACES TO EAT
* Roughly halfway down the alley entering the Night Bazaar from the main road is 'Centrepoint', an open-air hawkers/restaurant surrounded by more stalls and with a stage for classical music and dance performances.
* On the main road there is a Lebanese restaurant serving Falafel, Tabouleh, Hummous and other middle-eastern delicacies.
* Da Vinci is an other good place on the main road serving nice charcoal pizzas an pastas. Homemade foie gras.
* Good bakery just opposite the bus station (bread, rolls, good coffee, cakes). At the same time you are helping hilltribe young women have the opportunity to be apprentences, running this very bakery. Nice (and very rich) marchpain rolls.
* Oasis is a very specialized and delicious vegetarian restaurant. Standing with your back toward the main stage at the 'Night Bazaar' you'll notice a high building on the lefthand side. At the corner of this street (which eventually leads you to the fruit and flower market), you'll find the restaurant downstairs. Situated behind the small eateries which still belong to the market. A 'must' for vegetarian people!
* "Chiang Rai Beach" during the day or the early evening is an excellent spot. There are around 20 eateries overlooking the 'Mae Kok River'. Bring your dictionary with you for there are no English menus to be found. A bit out of town. Go by tuktuk or motorbike.
* Tong Tung Restaurant (no English sign) serves you Northern Thai food. Try this semi-outdoor place on the western side of the road about 1 km south of Thanon Banphaprakan on 1/1 Thanon Sanambin (old airport road). Their 'Kaeng Hung Lay' curry is to be recommended.
* Eat khao sawy (Burmese style chicken curry with noodles, 25 baht), special Northern Thai sausage (25 baht) and naam phrik num (dip made of eggplant and peppers) at a small but famous shop just in the middle of Thanon Jet Yot (nr 1023/2). Many locals eat here.
* More on the same street Thanon Jet Yot but near to the clocktower, is a new shop called CR 49. It seems they serve good pastas.
* The famous khao moo deng (rice with red sauteed pork, or as shown on the menu: 'rice with BBQ pork', 30 baht) tastes best at the big Chinese restaurant called Nakornpatom restaurant on Thanon Phahonyothin, the main street. Red sign board with large yellow font Thai letters (don't search the name Nakornpatom, unless you can read Thai). It's opposite the Lebanese shop. Big cold coffee machines attract the locals to having lunch there. Delicious!
* Siam Corner on Thanon Jet Yot. Very good Thai food. They also have some farang food.
* Chiang Rai - Golden Triangle (Home..)
* Main Highlights and Activities (read more..)
* Hotel & Restaurant in Chiang Rai (read more..)